Field Service Technician
- MUST LOVE TO TRAVEL.
- Regular travel to assist engineers and senior technicians in the support of disassembly, diagnosis, corrective action, and reassembly of rotating equipment, including compressors, turbines, and turboexpanders.
- This position allows for comprehensive on-the-job training that can be leveraged in a large range of mechanically-focused careers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to follow the Engineer’s or Senior Service Technician’s directions to properly service complex rotating equipment, including compressors and turbines.
- Measure assembly tolerances to thousandths of an inch.
- Direct helpers’ to perform work that is necessary to ensure the project is completed on schedule.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally when needed; average length of travel is 3 weeks at a time; but not to exceed 8 weeks total.
- Assemble and disassemble complex assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Inspection/Quality Control – Examine production parts for defects or deviations from engineering specifications with equipment including, but not limited to: calipers, micrometers, height gauges, depth gauges, telescoping gauges and liquid penetrant
- Clean and maintain the machine shop and equipment.
- Machinists & Millwrights heavily favored.
- Experience with calipers, micrometers, height gauges, depth gauges, and telescoping gauges.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Associates degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Industrial Technology.
- Basic knowledge of drafting with AutoCAD.
- Basic understanding of thermodynamics.
- One year previous experience with compressors, turbines and/or rotating equipment.
- Must be relatively fit and able to work in full protective equipment in very hot environments.
- Lift heavy parts into and out of shelving and machining centers.
- Pay based on experience
- 401K – Company Match
- Health Insurance
- Yearly bonuses